A Th.Inc.Room is part of a whole school approach. It aims to equip an individual with the information and skills required to oversee or set up and run a Th.Inc. Room.
- It aims to meet the needs of children or young people failing to access school fully for a range of social and emotional reasons
- It is a specially allocated and developed room that offers a more comfortable and nurturing environment
- It has allocated key worker/workers (school members of staff) who are trained in the use of low-level therapeutic approaches
- The Th.Inc.Room combines therapeutic, nurturing and educational approaches
- Children access the time-tabled interventions in small groups, pairs or as individuals
- Interventions are time limited and closely monitored.
To be most effective and have optimum impact this needs to be part of a whole school approach. In order to embed into whole school systems it is of great benefit for SLT to understand the principals and approaches.
The ideal is for a member of SLT to attend the whole training but if that is not possible then we offer the option for a Senior Leader to attend Days 1 and 5 and ask that they have a commitment to meet with the trainee after each of the other days.
Explains the underpinning theory about why children may need therapeutic interventions.
Pulls the whole training together and looks at what the approach looks like in a school, and also looks at monitoring and evaluating.
Additional cost for member of SLT to attend on Day 1 & Day 5 is £200 +VAT per participant. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org after booking if you would like to take this option.
Please do not book the SLT member of staff for Day 1 & Day 5, only book the member of staff whos attending all 5 days.