Headteacher (Barlows Primary School)Job Title: Headteacher (Barlows Primary School)
Job Type: Leadership
Job Phase: Primary
Actual Salary: £63,779 - £72.089
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: Full time
Start Date: Monday, January 1st, 2018
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 6th, 2017
About the School
Barlows is a larger than average-sized primary school. It comprises of a two form entry, 60 place Nursery and Children's Centre, which serves families in the Fazakerley and Croxteth area with a 62 place Children's Centre Day Care.
"Throughout the school, pupils look after one another and their school thoughtfully. They show positive attitudes and are very polite and self confident." - Ofsted.
About the Role
The governors, staff and children are seeking to appoint an inspirational leader to replace our retiring headteacher. The person appointed will have a clear vision for the future development of our primary school, nursery and children's centre.
Candidates will have:
- Drive, ambition and vision to lead the school from Requires Improvement back to Outstanding.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- High expectations of pupils' achievements and behaviour.
- The ability to lead and inspire staff.
- The ability to maintain the current inclusive ethos of the school.
- Significant senior leadership experience within a primary school is essential.
- Successful experience of working in a growing and diverse community is essential.
- Current safeguarding training is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of school budgets is essential.
- QTS is essential.
- NPQH is desirable.
How to Apply
Applications Forms/Equal Opportunities Forms are available as a download from www.barlowsprimary.co.uk/staff-governors/vacancies or from www.ednet.co .
An Application pack can be requested from Mrs Val Wright, Clerk to the Governors at the school on 0151 5252751 or by emailing email@example.com Please ensure you include the following completed documents in your application:
- A letter in support of your application of no more than two sides of A4, Font Arial, size 11.
- Application for Employment Form.
- Equal Opportunities Form.
- School visits are available on: Wednesday 12th July between 2:30pm and 5:00pm, Friday 14th July between 2:30pm and 5:00pm, Thursday 20th July at 9:30am.
Closing Date: Wednesday 6th September 2017
Short Listing Date: Friday 8th September 2017
Interview Date: Thursday 21st September 2017
2nd Interview Date: Friday 22nd September 2017
Job Description: Download Document
Person Specification: Download Document
Application Form: Download Document
Equal Opportunities Monitoring: Download Document
Job advert: Download Document
School Brochure: Download Document
Letter from Chair of Governors: Download Document
Barlows Primary School
Contact Name: Val Wright
Contact Telephone: 0151 5252751
Contact e-mail: Barlowsfirstname.lastname@example.org